What type of mirror do we supply across glasgow?
- Mirrors cut to any shape or size
– round, oval, rectangular, square…even star-shaped
- 4mm & 6mm mirror thickness
- Safety-backed mirrors
- Mirrored shelves
- Full length mirrors for gyms, yoga & dance studios
- Large mirrors for commercial applications e.g. bars, restaurants, hairdressers & offices.
- Bathroom mirrors (foil backed to prevent deterioration of the silvering).
- Wardrobe door mirrors – no need to buy a new wardrobe door…just replace the glass!
- Mirrored splashbacks for kitchens – ideal for smaller or dark kitchens (should not be used behind hobs)
- Dressing mirrors
- Mirrors for table tops, side-tables & dressers
How to install the mirror?
We can supply mirrors with pre-drilled holes & dome-headed screws. This is ideal for larger mirrors.
In some applications, such as mirrors for gyms, we may suggest using retaining bars at the top & bottom for additional safety.
Specialist mirror adhesive can also be used to fix mirrors directly to the wall (do not use normal adhesive, as this will eventually corrode the silvering).
If there as any chance of someone walking into a mirror, or it being knocked at any time, we’d advise using safety-backed mirrors to avoid it shattering & potentially injuring someone.
We can give advice on installing a mirror. We are also happy to do this for you if you’re worried about getting it wrong or simply short on time.
other things to consider
- What kind of edge do you want in your mirror?
You have a choice of Arris, Polished or Bevelled – see below for more detail.
- Polished edges have a lead time of around 7-10 days (which is an industry-standard).
- Tinted mirrors are ideal for some older frames, or just to achieve a different look. We can supply mirrors with Antique, Bronze & Grey tints.
- Safety backing. If there’s any chance of someone walking into or banging a mirror, you should consider safety backing.
Arrissed Edge / Hand Polished
Glass edging can be expensive as usually it’s billed out per linear inch. Therefore if the glass is going to be inserted into some type of frame, there’s no reason to pay for the high end polish.
An arrissed edge is accomplished by running an aluminium oxide based sanding disc ranging from 80 to 120 grit across the upper and lower edge of the glass.
All glass edgework is not created equally.
Any time the edge of the glass is exposed, this is probably not the best option. Many companies do not have the equipment necessary to perform a high polished machine edge, so they will seam or hand polish the glass. Though the pricing may be slightly less, the quality of the glass top or mirror edge will suffer severely.
The glass is sent through a bevelling machine with a number of wheels again ranging in grit, getting finer towards the end. And lastly the glass encounters felt wheels along with cerium oxide to polish the bevel back to clear.
Bevels create a very beautiful traditional look that can really bring out the beauty of the glass.
Machine Polished Edge
The glass is run through a glass edging polishing machine with a number of polishing wheels, ranging in grits getting finer towards the end.
After the flat polish is created, the glass approaches two wheels angled at 45-degrees. These wheels grind the glass on the top and bottom, creating an arris and making sure the edge is no longer sharp.
How to order your mirror
- If you’re confident with your measurements, just call or email us with the dimensions and type of mirror that you require. We’ll come back to you with a quote and, assuming you’re happy with the price, we can advise when it will be available for collection or delivery (this ranges from same day to 10 days, depending on processing).
- Rather than send us measurements, you can bring some items into our unit, and this eliminates any potential errors. For example, side-tables, wardrobe doors, framed mirrors, coffee tables etc, can be brought in to obtain a quotation. We can also discuss the type of mirror you’d like, and you can view examples.
- For more unusual mirrors, or where it’s not possible to bring something to the workshop, we offer free quotations. e.g. if you’re looking for a bathroom mirror to cover a wall it may be that the walls are not quite straight (which means it wouldn’t be an exact rectangle).
bespoke mirrors cut to size, please get in touch.
GREAT PRICES & guaranteed work
Request A Quote
It's not essential, but if you could provide the dimensions & type of glass you need, along with the area where you live, we'll be a lot quicker in providing a quotation. Thanks!
Mon - Thurs
9am - 4.30pm
9am - 3.30pm
Sat - Sun
Anniesland Business Park,
242 Netherton Road,