- If you’ve overloaded the firebox with logs for fuel, you may have knocked the stove glass into a log protruding from the box, resulting in the glass cracking.
- Glass hit from the outside by a heavy object can also result in cracks.
- Burning household coal in the enclosed space of a woodburning stove can result in volatile mini-explosions, the force of which can crack the glass on your stove’s door.
- Overfiring can happen when the stove gets too hot, which in turn can crack the glass on the door of the stove.
- Clean the door of your woodburner, which makes the glass removal an easier process.
- Remove the door, as this will make it far easier to access the screws holding the glass in.
- Release the cracked glass by loosening the screws or bolts.
- Replace and reseal your new glass panel.
fast service across glasgow
GREAT PRICES & guaranteed work
We'd love to hear from you!
(It's not essential, but if you could provide the dimensions & type of glass you need,
we'll be a lot quicker in providing a quotation).