WHY IT HAPPENS & STAYING SAFE
The two most common causes of cracked glass are impact & use.
Impact damage often comes as a result of force, such as:
- If you’ve overloaded the firebox with logs for fuel, you may have knocked the stove glass into a log protruding from the box, resulting in the glass cracking.
- Glass hit from the outside by a heavy object can also result in cracks.
Although woodburners are extremely sturdy due to the materials they are manufactured with, over-use can still end up damaging your stove.
- Burning household coal in the enclosed space of a woodburning stove can result in volatile mini-explosions, the force of which can crack the glass on your stove’s door.
- Overfiring can happen when the stove gets too hot, which in turn can crack the glass on the door of the stove.
Is it safe?
If you do not replace the glass of your woodburner, you run the risk of it completely shattering the next time you fire it – higher temperatures will almost always worsen a crack in glass. This could have dangerous consequences for your home, so our team at DN Glass Co would recommend you have the glass replaced as soon as you notice a crack.
- Clean the door of your woodburner, which makes the glass removal an easier process.
- Remove the door, as this will make it far easier to access the screws holding the glass in.
- Release the cracked glass by loosening the screws or bolts.
- Replace and reseal your new glass panel.
Alternatively, you can order a replacement glass window for your log burner cut to size for your requirements from DN Glass Co.
Our team of professionals will cut the glass at our facility in Anniesland, and will then fit the new glass for you, restoring your wood burner to complete working order again. Just give us a call today to discuss measuring the glass for your new stove glass, and our team will be happy to help you.
fast service across glasgow
GREAT PRICES & guaranteed work
Request A Quote
(It's not essential, but if you could provide the dimensions & type of glass you need,
we'll be a lot quicker in providing a quotation).
Mon - Thurs
9am - 4.30pm
9am - 3.30pm
Sat - Sun
Anniesland Business Park,
242 Netherton Road,